I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition award thanks to Ross at @Roster192! You can find out more about his great work here, but what is the award all about? Read on my friend…
The Blogger Recognition Award
The award is recognition made by bloggers for bloggers. These awards are not so much in the traditional sense, but rather a way to show other bloggers support and appreciation. It’s also a nice way to get to know a bit more about some of the bloggers out there. So here are the rules for this award:
- You have to write a blog post thanking the person that nominated you.
- Explain your story on how and why you started blogging.
- Share two general pieces of advice to other bloggers.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers and let them know you’ve nominated them too.
Here we go!
I have been writing on and off for the majority of my life, I remember writing books at primary school and deciding right there and then that I wanted to be an author. Fast forward a good few years, and life (and mortgage payments) often get in the way of our dreams. Throw in a few failed blog attempts about gaming and opinion, and I thought that my writing career was over, and I would just be stuck with a 9-5 job like everyone else.
Life is short though, and I decided a couple of years back to make a conscious choice and choose to write regularly – so I took control, and do you know what? I love it.
I use Twitter to engage with people about my blog, the community on Twitter (as well as the lovely people that follow my blog) are amazing – very supportive, and since launching this blog a few years back, I am happy to say that I have worked with a number of big brands (including Panasonic and John Lewis recently) and I have over 6.3k (to date) followers – thank you all!
Some advice for bloggers
- Write about what you are interested in – you will find it much more difficult to get excited about something you either know nothing about, or something you don’t care about. Don’t feel that you need to follow what other bloggers do and write about something specific – write about whatever you’re interested in and your readers will come!
- Use social media for engagement – I can’t emphasise this enough. I use Twitter extensively, and 90% of my blog views come directly from it. Get involved in blog chats, interact, and don’t just post your links all day. Lots of other people use Pinterest, Insta and Snapchat, that’s not my thing but I know that lots of people have done really well on those channels.
Here are fifteen nominations from me (in no particular order) for a Blogger Recognition award!