Thanks to Kev (@KevBlogs) for nominating my lil ol’ blog for a Sunshine Blogger award!
Kev has asked recipients to answer eleven questions, here are my answers:
1. How long have you been blogging and why?
I have been blogging on this site for just over two years, and writing on other sites (including Gaming and a few other subjects) for about seven years. I wanted to get into journalism and writing from a really young age, and whilst day jobs (and life) distracted me from that path, I’ve found blogging to be a great route back to that world – I’m playing the long game.
2. What are your blogging speciality subjects?
I run a series of interviews called 5 Minutes With. These are snappy interviews with interesting people, and I’ve been fortunate to speak to a wide variety from Masterchef finalists to Wrestlers and CEOs of companies.
I also write product reviews, original poetry and a little about gaming and wrestling.
3. If you could be any animal for a day, what would it be?
A dog. My lazy day would consist of eating, sleeping and the occasional postman bark.
4. Dogs or Cats?
Dog, see above! Just to be clear – a lazy dog, not one of these active ones.
5. What is your favourite genre of music?
I have a huge variation in music taste, from Nirvana to Dean Martin. I don’t have one favourite, I’ve been listening to quite a lot of classical music in the car recently.
6. Do you have any goals for 2018?
Write more! I have already had a good start with a script submitted to the BBC, some collaborative work and lots more content on this site.
7. What is your guilty pleasure food?
Probably a takeaway (Indian or Chinese) or crisps, I think I could happily eat my bodyweight in crisps (which I guess would then increase…and mean I get to eat more crisps?).
8. If you could choose any career, what would you choose and why?
It would probably be as a full time writer, I find that I am at my happiest when I write.
9. Where is your favourite place in the World?
I love France and I enjoyed visiting Morocco a couple of years ago. As a proud Welshman I have to say that Wales has a lot to offer (check us out if you’ve never visited!). Canada is somewhere which I have never visited but plan to very soon, and feel that it could become one of my top choices.
10. If you could time travel, where would you go?
I think I would head back to the 1950s/60s in America – Rock N Roll, Grease/Back to the Future (1955) style.
11. Do you have any advice for aspiring bloggers?
Just write more, that’s it. The more you write the more naturally ideas will come. Don’t stress about it, enjoy what you are writing about – it’s meant to be fun, remember that. Also engage on social media, I am very active on Twitter and it really helps me gain views and interact with new people. Other bloggers are really active on Insta, Pinterest and Facebook – it’s a great community, just get stuck in.
I am nominating the following bloggers/writers! They are all amazing at what they do – check them out. If you want to take part, you will find my questions for you guys under the list of names, re-post this on your site and link back to this page/my site:
- When did you start blogging / writing?
- How would you describe your blog in one sentence?
- Do you have a day job, and if so what is it?
- Would you like to blog / write full time?
- What one bit of advice would you give a new blogger?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- Where is your favourite place to travel?
- Describe your ideal evening
- What is your favourite purchase / gift from the last three months?
- Do you have a specific goal for 2018?
- Describe yourself in three words