Desserts are one of my many weaknesses, along with most starters, and also main courses.
So when I was offered the opportunity to use Kefir-Quark to create a healthier dessert, packed with protein, I couldn’t resist! Here is the recipe to make this tasty crustless cheesecake:
Impress your friends with this show-stopping cheesecake – rich and indulgent yet
high in protein, packed with probiotics and kind to the waistline!
• 500g Kefir-Quark
• 200g cottage cheese
• 2 large eggs
• 75g honey or maple syrup
• 2 tsp. gluten free flour
• 150g blackcurrants
• 3 tbsp. honey
1. Line an 8-inch spring form pan with parchment paper on the bottom. Oil
the sides of the pan if it is not non-stick. Preheat oven to 350°F / 176°C.
2. In a food processor or blender on low speed, blend together the Kefir-
Quark and cottage cheese until smooth.
3. In a small bowl beat the eggs together. Beat the eggs, maple syrup and
flour into the Kefir-Quark mixture.
4. Pour everything into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, until the
cheesecake is set.
5. In a medium saucepan, mix together the berries and honey and bring to a
boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring
Allow to cool before pouring on top of the cheesecake.
You can buy Keifr-Quark from Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado and lots of other supermarkets and shops.
This was a collaborative post with Keifr-Quark.